Thursday, October 20, 2016

Closing the Door on an Abusive Trump and His Media Enablers

"Ain't no point trying to make sense out of nonsense. "

That's what my old sponsor told me years ago when I tried to explain, again, the diabolical antics of an abuser who chose to engage me in an ironic legal battle--over an issue I knew they actually cared nothing about.  My sponsor's point:  we don't need to waste our valuable time together discussing that goofiness; you can't make rational the irrational.  Crazy finds strength in your engagement.  All this sort of crazy wants is your attention.  Took me two or three upside down flips to realize she was right.  Took me even longer to learn to turn away.

"Disengage," she said.  Don't answer.  Don't respond.  Remove the fire's energy.  

Hillary Clinton will no doubt be the next President.  

Clearly, Donald Trump is an abusive manipulator.  He's not interested in governing.  He is a soulless creation willing to abuse anyone, especially if they threaten his ability to take whatever he chooses.   The media has enabled his abuse by airing his antics to their own economic benefit and to the detriment of actually providing real news that has more to do with our daily living.  Took a hurricane to kick Trump off the airwaves.  And media mentioned little about the Mosul offensive,  yesterday.

The obsessive media coverage fed by our obsessive viewing (that includes me) has placed a clown at the center of our national debate.  Made Hillary Clinton, (flawed herself to the nth power) stand on stage and debate a know nothing candidate.  If nothing else, Hillary Clinton knows a lot.  Her attempting to debate Trump is like Jay-Z battling Flavor Flav.

And something in the way the nation's first non-white-male Presidents are being elected feels disgusting.

I can't anymore.  I am disengaging, systematically.  Not reading him anymore.  Not listening to anymore about him.

I've got essays to write.  Sunsets to record.  Books to read and friends and family to hug up on.  In other words, way more important work to do.  

That's all.  

October 19, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.

Search This Blog